My husband and I agree that this has been a crazy week. We could use a little more normal in our lives, I think.
1. We wanted snow and we got very little of it this week. We mainly got ice the first day and a half, and finally got snow…while I was at work, of course. (The snow and I have very poor timing.) The ice, though. Oh there was so much ice. Our yard was so iced over and when Lucas mentioned sledding, I said, “why not?” I would catch him at the bottom of the hill, if he could make it up (he walked up leaves.) The first time, I did not catch him, and he face planted into the fence. He still has a serious bruise on his chin. Poor guy…but he kept on.
2. Next day, daycare opened late and my poor boy hit a spot of ice on her driveway and fell. He was ok. Thankfully he was wearing many layers.
3. Daycare was closed another day (that makes two full days this week, plus closing early one day.) We had few options since we both had to go to work. Lucas went to school with daddy. (Teachers still had to report.) He had a great time, but didn’t want to leave. That kid. I hope he feels that same way in a few years.
4. The flu is gone, and it took my voice with it. I sound ok in the morning and by afternoon I can’t talk. I still have a bit of a cough, and Ricola really needs to sponsor my blog. I have seriously good things to say about them.
5. After 10 days of sickness, I worked out. I realized in reading my Facebook feed (the morning after the UNC-Duke basketball game, go figure) that I was feeling all types of rage. I don’t even care about basketball, much less UNC OR Duke. Status updates were angering me and I knew I had to exercise. To the fitness center I went at lunch on Thursday and while it wasn’t the greatest, toughest workout I’ve had this year, it was something. I’m starting to feel normal again.
I’m linking up with Friday 5. How has your week been? Any snow in your area, or just ice?