So much has happened this week. I felt like Wednesday should have been Friday and my whole week was thrown off. I don’t like when that happens.
1. We took a walk on Wednesday (we really need to get back into the evening walk habit) and heard the ice cream truck. We even saw the ice cream truck, but I didn’t have any cash on me, which is something the 3-year-old didn’t understand. As we got past the truck, Lucas said, “Is the ice cream truck going toward our house?” My 3-year-old used the word “toward” in the correct context. I don’t know where he picked up that word, or how he learned to use it correctly.
2. We’ve had a lot of late(r) night fun this week. A blogger dinner on Monday (NC Blogger Network – if you’re in NC, you must check them out!) and Chuggington on Tuesday. Wednesday was somewhat normal. Last night felt hectic. And tonight we might be shopping for a new microwave. Oh yes. Our microwave stopped working on Tuesday. I’ve been getting VERY creative with toddler food this week!
3. We are reaching the end of the semester and I’m sad that so many excellent students are graduating (can’t I keep them around a little longer? No?) Along with the end of the semester, we’re getting into allllll of the events. We had a scholarship donor lunch yesterday, there’s a late night breakfast next week, graduation rehearsal, a senior lunch, graduation reception, and the list goes on and on….graduation is in two weeks. (insert scared face here.)
4. I can’t remember if I mentioned this, but my half marathon plans changed for next week. Carol and I aren’t able to run in Cincinnati (sad face), so I am running a local half marathon. One that is new to the area. One that looks super hilly. Where is that scared face, again?
5. Today is the four year anniversary of my grandpa’s passing. (Thanks, Timehop, for remind me of that awful morning.) I remember using my first computer in his house. He would rebuild computers over the years for the grandchildren – I don’t know how many he gave me. Several. I learned all about “Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?” playing on a computer in his office. On snow days, he would create worksheets for us to do so we weren’t wasting time. I just keep remembering a lot of things about him. Fun memories.
I’m linking up with Emmy for another fun Friday 5.
Have you checked out the Biltmore giveaway? Just a few more days left, and the tickets are good for a year!