1. We’re heading into the busiest part of our summer (this summer, at least.) Between my husband and I, we’re traveling the next three weeks. Trips won’t overlap like last summer, but there will be very quick turnarounds before leaving for the next place. I’m still thinking through our son’s first flight, which is nerve-wracking and overwhelming at times. Oy.
2. Our son hates going to bed between 7:30 and 8, but I’ve realized if he’s out of his bed after 8 he is miserable. He’s fine if the lights are off and he’s talking to himself in his bed, but keep him up intentionally and life is rough for all involved. Bedtimes are clearly set for a reason.
3. The poor cat has been deprived of exercise lately and the husband thinks her random biting/clawing is because of lack of playtime. I dragged her toys out tonight and am going to test this theory. Maybe exhaust her every night so she’s too tired to bite? (She bites for no reason, but a lot of tortoise shell cats do this. It’s crazy.)
4. I spent some time tonight spray yellow jacket nests that are in our yard. I hate those things. This is the first year we’ve dealt with them in our yard, and we’re lucky nobody has been stung yet. I have to buy more spray in the morning to make sure I got them all. Ugh. They creep me out.
5. I’m barely going to get this post up before midnight – when it’ll be Saturday. That’s ok, right? I’m thinking my boy is getting a little spoiled with the outings he’s been on lately. As we were driving home from the drum circle he asked, “where are we going on Saturday?” I have to come up with something fun. Preferably free or inexpensive.
I’m linking up for Friday 5 (barely.)