1. We’re in New York! Not the city (oh how I wish we were in the city this weekend), but upstate visiting some of my family. It’s been fun driving around and seeing various places I visited as a kid. It’s also been 3 years since we were in this area. A long time considering I used to visit every year!
2. We took multiple buses at the airport on Wednesday – from the shuttle in Charlotte to the bus in Newark that took us between terminals. Lucas had a blast on the buses and the airplanes were kind of a non-event. At one point he looked at me and asked “are we flying yet?” and we’d been in the air for about 10 or 15 minutes. The second flight he slept the entire way. As soon as we were in the air, he nodded off. We had a slight meltdown over our rental car (he wanted “our” car, which is in Charlotte.) All is good now.
3. If you follow me on Instagram, then you’re probably aware I had a run-in with a yellow jacket nest the day before we flew to New York. Our lawn was in dire need of being mowed, and since it was my husband’s birthday, I took it upon myself to do it. He had to help me get the mower started (that should have been my first sign that mowing was a bad idea.) Within 5 minutes of mowing, I stepped on or near a nest and was stung on both ankles. Thank goodness Kenny was home! They followed me into the house, and it was a crazy, crazy situation.
Fortunately, I’m not deathly allergic to those suckers. And our neighbors have a friend who does their yard work. The friend agreed to come by our house while we’re away and do our lawn. One last shout out to my mom who took it upon herself to spray the nests. I did some spraying Tuesday evening, and apparently missed one or two. (Seriously they are SO BAD this year!)
4. The boy has been sleep regressing lately. Again. And again. Waking at odd hours, requesting me to rub his back. It’s worse in the hotel (though he’s in a separate room.) It’s leaving me exhausting and I’m wondering if this sleep thing will ever work itself out!
5. We visited Salt Springs State Park (in Pennsylvania) this morning. Our original plans had fallen through, so we quickly got ourselves ready and to the park. It was a nice hike! We did a shorter trail since we’ve never taken Lucas on a hike. Plus there are a lot of trails there marked difficult, so I didn’t want us to get in over our heads. He had a blast “climbing the mountain.”
How is your week going? Mine started on a rough note (stung) but appears to be ending on a high note (vacation.)
Linking up with EmmyMom for Friday 5!