This week FLEW by. I get that we had a holiday, my kid was only at preschool two days instead of three and the summer tends to fly by, but did it have to go by so quickly during my leave? In an effort to make the most of my final week off, we tried to pack a lot of things in.
1. Last Saturday, I had to go water my mom’s garden. It was in the 80s and I asked Lucas to get his shoes on so he could go with me. The boy came out with snow boots on and I found him hilarious. He refused to change shoes and he powered through an hour of garden work in those boots.
2. We took Lucas to see his first fireworks show in person. We watched them on television last year, and he was too small for them in previous years (or he didn’t like them or didn’t remember them.) He absolutely loved them this year. We did not, however, love the traffic getting out of downtown. And despite going to bed at almost 11:00, he was still up around 6:30 the next morning.
3. I put Lilah to sleep at my mom’s before we went to see fireworks. I think the temperature had reached 90 that day, it was super humid, and she wouldn’t have enjoyed being carried in the heat or humidity. That baby didn’t even stir until I got back to my mom’s house and woke her. Best sleeper ever.
4. We went on a short hike with a friend of ours yesterday. Lucas had a blast and we need to do more short hikes with him. Lilah came along in the jogging stroller and it was really fun.
5. Lilah went to the pinball museum for the first time! Of course, she slept through most of it. I’m telling you. Best sleeper.
Linking up with EmmyMom for Friday 5!
There are a couple of days left in my andouille sausage giveaway. Be sure to enter!