1. I love it when work collides with my favorite things. Some weeks it’s cupcakes. This week, it was puppies. Oh yes. Yesterday was Puppy Day on campus. Students (and staff) could pay a small fee to play with puppies. The money goes to an animal rescue organization in the county. Everyone wins. And it’s such a stress reliever for students.
2. My boy has been waking up at 6:30 and earlier for the past couple of weeks. He doesn’t understand that it is NOT time for him to get out of bed! It’s such a struggle. He needs a little more rest during the week before I take him to daycare. And I need the rest on the weekends. I’m considering getting a toddler alarm clock I’ve seen on Amazon. Anyone have any experience with those? Do you have an early riser?
3. I’ve been creating a lot of custom printables for my Etsy shop. I’ve done at least 6 or 7 recently. Do I get to count those as part of my 15 in 15 projects? If not, I need to get busy (seriously) in crafting/creating.
4. I’m running my 12th half marathon tomorrow. I’m nervous, but also not. It’s kind of old hat. I’ve had my share of injuries, for sure, but at this point I just want to run this race to run it. I’m bummed I won’t be in Cincinnati with Carol, but I know she’s where she needs to be (with family.) And we’ll meet up for another fun race soon.
5. I’m having a hard time thinking of a fifth thing that’s happened this week. I worked a 15-hour work day yesterday. It was full of fun (and puppies) and I love being around the students. It takes a toll on me, though. I’m not 22 anymore. Sadly.