1. I had to pull back from my two-a-day workouts this week. I was working on the one-week shred and it was driving me to not sleep. Exhaustion hit by Wednesday evening and I think at one point, I showed my husband my bloodshot eyes and told him I was going to listen to his story, but with my eyes closed. (I totally did listen. I fell asleep after I even asked him questions.)
Two-a-day workouts are no joke. Especially when you’re juggling the rest of your life.
2. Two days this week I saw someone riding a skateboard down the highway near my house. They’d get to the busy intersection with another major road in Asheville and get on a sidewalk. The highway has very little sidewalk (maybe a couple hundred feet), so I get why they’d be tempted to ride in the road, HOWEVER it is very dangerous and they were riding down the center lane. I really want to stop this guy one day and get his story. Where is he going? Why the need for the skateboard? Can anyone give him a ride to that main road with the sidewalks?
3. We have a date night planned tonight. Dinner and movie. I’m super stoked about this. And earlier this week, a friend texted me about a concert next month. I happened to have a concert in mind for this concert. So now we have two concerts planned. The goal for this year is to have more date nights. We need more date nights to reconnect and we’re off to a good start.
4. This morning as I was dropping Lucas off at daycare, Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space” came on the radio. Lucas said, “don’t turn it off, mommy.” The boy loves T-Swift as much as I do and that makes me smile. I think it’s hilarious.
5. I walked into the house earlier this week to banging. I couldn’t figure out what the noise was until I got into our stairs. It was Lucas drumming on his bongos, singing the ABCs. I grabbed a video, though it’s very dark. The kid is a born star. (Note: I tried to “enhance” the image through YouTube. It may not turn out great. The audio is funny and cute, though.)
How is your week going? (Also, linking up with Friday 5 today)