1. September 11. I remember that day vividly and I have written about it a couple of times. It’s hard to believe that happened 14 years ago. Sometimes I feel like it was just a year ago that the newspaper was pushing out an afternoon edition with coverage of that day. I may not talk about it often, and I may not post on social media about never forgetting. I know there are plenty like me. We are remembering in our own ways and praying that a senseless tragedy such as 9/11 doesn’t occur again in our lifetime – or our children’s lifetimes.
2. We visited Blowing Rock NC last weekend and I have a ton of photos to share (on my Nikon) but I haven’t been motivated to pull them off my camera. In fact, I need to charge that camera. This is totally a blogger problem. And a laziness problem.
3. My schedule at work feels like it’s been busy ever since I took on this new position. This week was over the top hectic, and next week doesn’t look promising (I’m already looking at a super long day on Friday.) I see why we needed someone over the website(s) and it couldn’t be a part-time role. I’m just ready for a slowdown.
4. We got our family pictures back last Friday and my boy glared through most of the photos. One is super cute, but he’s giving a “seriously?” look. It’s hilarious.
5. We’re dealing with a “mommy phase” in our house right now. My boy only wants me. He cries when I am gone if he wakes from his nap, he gets upset if I have to run to the drugstore without him (which took about 20 minutes earlier this week. I wasn’t gone for hours.) It’s very trying and I hope we can move out of this phase soon.
Linking up with EmmyMom for Friday 5.