1. I’m in DC at the moment. My family is home while I attend a work conference. I had grand plans for Thursday – all things I’d be able to see since I was arriving so early….and then I got stuck on the metro for 3 hours. So that was awesome. Or not.
2. My husband and son spent the night at the Nature Center last night. My husband was amazing and sent so many photos throughout the evening and it looked like they had a blast! I hope that I can convince *someone* to post a blog for me about their adventure. 😉
3. I was able to see my friend Nanci who lives in DC for dinner last night. It was so fun catching up with her! I think I’ve realized that I prefer being around small groups and connecting versus larger parties of people. Don’t get me wrong. I love a good party. It’s just been so great catching up with friends and family one-on-one lately.
4. The concierge at my hotel hooked me up with a running route to try out this weekend. I’m hoping to go for a run this morning. I’m excited to (finally!) see the White House! I ran the half marathon here 2 years ago and we never ran past it!
5. I think this is my last trip until October. I’m a little happy about that. I feel like my little family hasn’t been home together in a month….it’s more like 3 weeks, but still. It feels like forever. School starts in the next couple of weeks, and just like that – summer is over.
I’m linking up with EmmyMom for Friday 5! What’s on your Friday 5?