Friday 5….or as I like to call this, brain dump.
1. We returned from a four day (quick!) trip to Lake Waccamaw and the boy didn’t adjust to regular life as quickly as I had hoped. The first two days home were kind of
miserable tough. I’m hoping that we’ll have a normal weekend and he’ll be ready for school again on Tuesday. (He is going part-time through the summer.)
2. I’m not sleeping enough at night. I almost fell asleep on my way home from work one day this week. I thought summertime was all about relaxation and fun? Why am I spending most of my time working? (It’s not just the day job, either. I’ve committed to many freelance projects.)
3. We have one big trip planned for late July. My boy’s first plane ride. I have to figure out how to make this work well. He thinks planes are cool, but I can already see the meltdown potential.
4. I haven’t done a proper long run in weeks, and I think I’ve run 2 or 3 times since my half marathon earlier this month. When I don’t exercise, my mood clearly reflects that. I need exercise.
5. I sold our dining room table and chairs to a friend two weeks ago. They’re coming to pick them up this weekend….and I haven’t figured out a replacement set for our dining room. That’s a predicament, isn’t it? In my head, I know what I want. I can’t find it reasonably priced, though. It appears we’ll be using a folding table for a while. (This should be interesting.)
How was your week?
Linking up with EmmyMom!