This past week has been a blur. A traveling blur that blurred right into my work week. No rest for the weary, that’s for sure.
1. I’m so happy that my travel plans seem to be on hold until October. I don’t think I could handle another weekend away from my home.
2. I was stuck in DC an extra day thanks to the lovely American Airlines. We originally booked with US Airways, and were switched to American Airlines the morning of our flight home. (They’re merging, and the merge is causing some confusion and headache.) We were delayed as soon as we got to the airport, and sat there for almost 5 hours before we were told that the flight was canceled. They had nothing for us on Sunday, so had to re-book us on Delta – and they didn’t do that well. Thankfully the folks at Delta were able to help at 6 a.m. on Sunday. I have zero faith in American Airlines now. I’m grateful to even be home 5 days later.
3. Our travels have obviously affected our son. He’s been a little cranky and a little anxious when I leave for work. Normally all is good. But when mommy promises to spend Sunday with you, and she’s stuck in an airport all day, it doesn’t help with trust. We’ll have to remedy that this weekend.
4. So I can end this post on a positive note, let’s talk about my boy. He’s growing SO MUCH. It’s hard to believe he’ll be 4 in just a couple of very short weeks. I know he’s been going through a growth spurt lately (reaffirmed when we measured him this week.) I have to go shopping for new clothes so he’ll have something to wear this fall.
5. I’ve kind of dropped off the weight training wagon. I was doing so well, and at the beginning of the summer I just stopped. I worked out yesterday with weights and today I’m SO SORE. I’m glad I did the workout, and it just proves to me that I really need to be consistent with weight training!