1. We had a spring day! Too bad it’s still winter and we’re under a winter weather advisory. For one day, though, we saw a glimpse of spring and all it’s glory of 76 degrees. Then the high the next day (yesterday) was in the low 40s. Boo.
2. We’re working with our son on calendar stuff. He likes asking what day it is and he is learning about months. I found an extra calendar (a Highlights one) that we really haven’t touched and shared it with him. We put stickers down for the holidays and went through the days of the week. I also started crossing off days for this month that are already over. I’m wondering if it will help him when he asks “what’s open today?” (We always answer with daycare, work for mommy & daddy, church, stores, etc.) Saturday is his favorite, for so many reasons.
3. My trainer brought her 4.5-week old puppy by my office this week. The puppy was SO freaking cute. It made me think of adopting a puppy, but then I remember that we tend to travel, especially in the summer, and a puppy would not always be the best travel companion. I feel guilty enough for leaving my cat behind. Plus, Chloe would NOT handle a dog! So no puppy.
4. This weekend is Blogging Concentrated! I’m excited for the learning opportunities…and to see several of my blogging friends! I get to make some blogging friends in-real-life friends, too!
5. As I was packing clothes, folding clothes and washing clothes (laundry is an every day kind of thing), I realized that a load of clothes didn’t fully dry on Wednesday night. I dried them again on Thursday morning. I thought they were originally just a little damp. Except on Thursday night when I wanted to fold them, they were still soaked.
Our dryer is broken. I ran it for several minutes and realized it’s not even heating up. The dryer is roughly 11 years old and it was a cheap one when we bought it. We bought a new washer when I was pregnant (four years ago) and now it appears we’ll be buying a dryer soon. I haven’t used a laundromat-style system since….just out of college. Such poor timing!