I think this is my first time participating in Emmy Mom’s challenge of the Friday 5 (and I’m co-hosting! How fun is that??). Five stories/tidbits from the week and five random photos. (the point is, most of these items don’t warrant an entire blog post, and they would normally go into my random blog posts as a list.) And you guys know how much I love lists.
1. I’m about 10 posts away from hitting the 2000 mark. That’s a lot of words! My blogging journey began 9 years ago this month and I can’t believe I’ve stuck with it all these years. (I’m much better about blogging regularly now, versus back in 2005 or 2006.)
2. My boy keeps asking for the most random songs at bedtime. This past week, he really wanted me to sing “Jingle Bell Rock.” I don’t know all of the words to that song. He also wants me to sing the theme song to “Super Why.” Again, I haven’t listened to the actual words to really know it. I must get on that.
3. The toddler also CANNOT get a break. I think we’re on our third ear infection since January. I have no idea at what point do we discuss tubes in his ears. We are working with some home remedies, because when I called the pediatrician, they informed me they were going to be closed on Thursday, the morning we were going to take him. So. I’m also on the hunt for a new pediatrician.
4. It’s supposed to be 68 degrees this Sunday. Do you know how excited that makes me? Also this weekend? The Oscars. It’s pretty much going to be the best weekend.
5. I haven’t talked about it much, but I’ve pretty much taken a hiatus from freelancing. I was essentially working two full-time jobs, plus trying to be present for my family, plus blogging, plus life. Something had to give. I felt like I was breaking up with so many people and I hated doing that, but for the first time since the beginning of January, I’m not sick. It’s a good feeling.
Now for 5 photos from this week.