Now that Halloween is behind us, I feel like the holidays are officially here. We have our first Thanksgiving event in just a few days (Friendsgiving was moved up two weeks so more people could attend) and the invitations to Christmas parties have started rolling in. We make a few different treats to take to parties, and I think this Rolo Pretzel Bark would be perfect for any gathering – even if it was an office treat!
I also think this would be a fun gift for a friend or even our child’s teachers (assuming you know the teacher can eat all of the ingredients!) I love all things chocolate. Add caramel and I’m not going to turn the treat down. This recipe doesn’t take long to make and there is no need to make it look perfect!
Yields: 6-8 servings
12 oz bag dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
12-15 mini pretzel twists or snaps – broken
18 Rolo candies – unwrapped
1/4 cup red and green M&M’s
18-20 Kraft caramels – unwrapped
1 tablespoon milk or cream
- Line a small 15 x 11 cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Transfer the melted chocolate onto the lined cookie sheet, using a spatula to help spread it out evenly.
- Place the broken pretzels randomly on top of the melted chocolate.
- Place the unwrapped Rolos candies on top of the melted chocolate bark.
- Sprinkle the M&M’s on top of the melted chocolate bark, paying attention to any empty spaces between the Rolos and pretzels.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the caramels and the milk in 20 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted caramel all over the top of the chocolate bark.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to completely harden.
- Break your holiday bark into bite-size pieces and ENJOY!!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Do you have a go-to holiday dessert recipe?