I bought some remnant fabric at Hancock Fabrics a few weeks ago. I was able to get exactly eight yards (minus one inch), and at 60% off, I couldn’t pass it up. I spent less than $25 for eight yards of fabric. That eight yards was enough to make two sets of curtains for our guest room – four panels.
Last week, Nancy came over and I cut the fabric, and pinned it. It was all ready for sewing, and then life got in the way. Tonight, during “The Bachelorette” season finale, I was finally able to sew.
I loveeee the new curtains. This is one of the windows in our guest room, which has been curtain-less since this winter when we stripped the windows to complete our master bedroom (the beige curtains were moved to our bedroom, and then we left the guest room bare.) I love the stripes.
I had to make them short because of the heat vents beneath the windows. I don’t want to risk starting a fire. Normally I’m against shorter curtains, but we had to do the same length in our living room (stupid vents) and I’ve come to like the shorter lengths.
I also love that I finally have one craft project checked off my list!