Earlier this year, I wrote about the Lotus Trolley Bag and reusable produce bags the company sent me. (Full disclosure: I was gifted all of these bags. I received no other compensation and I wasn’t even asked to write a full post about them.) In honor of Earth month, I wanted to mention them once again.
Also as a heads up – I think every month should be Earth Month. I’ve been working to reduce the amount of plastic we have in our house, and my husband and I have been using reusable bags for YEARS. The Lotus Trolley Bag? It’s a reusable bag system. And here are a few reasons I like this system:
- I can easily sort my groceries as I’m putting them in the cart. You all know I shop a lot at Aldi – and Aldi does not bag your groceries. This makes shopping at Aldi even easier, and it keeps me organized.
- The fit easily into the trunk of my car.
- At least one of the bags is insulated, keeping my cold items cooler for a longer period of time.
- They even fit across the very wide Sam’s Club carts.
- They velcro together, allowing for easier storage. (And you can take the rods out of the top, allowing for easier placement into your car.
- One of the bags even has a spot for cartons of eggs – and wine. 🙂
My favorite thing though might be the produce bags. REUSABLE PRODUCE BAGS, my friends. We’re heading into a season where I’ll be buying a lot more fresh produce, and the produce bags provided by grocery stores are my nemesis. I can’t even put used cat litter in those – so the plastic bags are fairly useless. But why else do I love the reusable produce bags? Well….
- The reusable bags I received come in all different sizes, so they’re going to be perfect for herbs AND fruit (like all of the apples I buy in the summer.)
- They are sturdy! Seriously, they don’t bust open at the bottom when you put several pounds of apples in one bag.
- They’re washable. Sometimes my produce is wet, or something is sticky. I can toss these in the laundry with no worries.
I’m going to be able to reduce my plastic footprint one produce bag at a time. And I couldn’t be more pleased. The box of the produce bags contains so many that I was able to split number of bags with my mom. (I just don’t need so many.)
Now…Here’s the best part. I’m partnering with Lotus Trolley Bag to gift one lucky reader with their own set of the Lotus Trolley Bag and the reusable produce bags! This is going to be a Pinterest-heavy giveaway, but so fun. I need you to follow them on Pinterest, and re-pin this post. Or pin this post!
This giveaway is running for most of April, and I’ll contact the winner at the end of the month (around April 29.) Good luck!!