I’ve been blogging for a very, very long time. (Over 10 years!) I’ve only been making money for a short time. I didn’t really take it serious until a few years ago and over the past two years, I’m actually figuring things out and making more of an effort at getting paid for my work. Here are a few ways I’ve found I can make some money in blogging. (Though I’ve yet to make enough to quit my day job. This is just nice to have on the side.)
1. Google Adsense. It took me years to finally implement this and use it to it’s (partial) potential. I make pennies from AdSense. I’ve yet to receive a check because of how few pennies I make.
2. Izea. I’m actually getting paid for a few sponsored tweets and the occasional blog post. If you pay the $1 per month, you can get more offers through Izea. You bid on the offers, and the advertiser accepts or declines your bid. The $1 per month is worth the cost.
3. I’m part of the Clever Girls Network. Occasionally I receive sponsored posts, but lately it’s been more social media campaigns.
4. And the Type-A Parent network. I occasionally get paid for sponsored posts. (And that link? It’s an affiliate link for the conference.)
6. BlogHer. I work with BlogHer mainly on sponsored tweets. I don’t use their ad network, though I had applied late last year. The terms were a little too much for me, so I chose not to go through that ad network and stick with AdSense.
7. Affiliate links. I’m an affiliate for Pick Your Plum. I love crafts, and this site fits right in with my blog. When I signed up, I had to email to get into their affiliate program. I’m not sure if it’s the same now.
8. And also Amazon. I just started using Amazon’s program last September. (NC was a crazy state, and we weren’t allowed to be affiliates for the longest time.) I’ve received a couple of payments, but they aren’t paying my monthly bills or anything like that.
9. ShareaSale. This is an affiliate program that I signed up for a few years ago. I have several companies I work with who are through Shareasale. They have a huge list of companies that work with them.
10. Commission Junction. This is another affiliate program, but I’ve received a few sponsored post opportunities through them.
**Several of the links above are affiliate links!
Do you have any tips/sites to suggest that I may have missed? Please leave them in the comments!