In keeping with our busy week theme, I’m sharing another menu of ours. I’m excited about this one (especially because I loved last night’s dinner so much.)
Sunday – Garlic Beef & Asparagus Stir-Fry (see recipe below)
Monday – Chicken and salad. (Super easy chicken recipe we have uses tomato juice over chicken breasts in a baking dish. Top with garlic powder, basil and oregano, and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.)
Tuesday – Pumpkin pancakes (breakfast for dinner!)
Wednesday – Vegetable beef soup (in the slow cooker)
Thursday – Chicken skewers
Friday – I’m on campus. The boys will be on their own.
Saturday – on campus. The boy will eat pizza or something easy with a babysitter.
So I received a bottle of Hoisin Garlic Marinade & Sauce through Klout. They included this recipe card and we made it last night – it turned out so great.
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lb. Flank steak (or protein of choice), sliced into thin pieces
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic Sauce
- 1 cup Roasted, unsalted cashews (optional)
- In a wok or large nonstick pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the flank steak, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until browned on all sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the meat, set aside and pour off the fat from the pan. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Return the meat to the pan, add the sauce and toss to coat. Stir in the nuts and cook for one minute more. Season again if needed. Serve hot over rice or noodles.
(Linking up with OrgJunkie this week!)