Not all of this post is about fun, but we’ve had such a fun weekend that I need to get it out here. And separate posts to come.
1. I finally figured out to do with twine and washi tape for my husband’s birthday par-tay. A little pennant bunting for his cake! Better photos to come.
2. I ran the Bele Chere 5k on Saturday morning. It was a fun race and one I’d probably do again. Except the festival isn’t funded for next year, and right now there is nobody who will pick up the tab, so it looks like this may have been the last year for this 5k. The skies opened up and there was an awful downpour at the beginning of the race. I think I definitely could have run it faster if I could have seen where I was running. Or if my shoes hadn’t been so waterlogged from the first half mile. (Raise your hand if you love the iPod wire under my shirt! My ear buds are shot from all of the water….)
3. We went to Bele Chere yesterday to see the air dogs show. It’s an event that showcases dogs jumping into a pool of water – to see who can jump the furthest. We got to see some of the practices and left before the finals. The whole thing involved water! dogs! balls! which the toddler loved. “Dogs! Wet!” Yep. And we were so close that we were getting wet. We didn’t care, though. It was worth it.
4. I had one soda yesterday and I’m determined to make it through today without any. I’ve been trying to cut back on my soda/caffeine intake for the past two weeks, and I decided on Friday night that I wasn’t going to buy any for this week. I have one diet Pepsi in my work fridge. I’m thinking of it as being on reserve in case I just can’t handle today. So far I’ve been extremely absent-minded and my head is starting to hurt a little more. (I did take some headache meds before work, anticipating the headaches.) Let’s see how long I can do this….
5. I’m heading to Type-A Parent Conference in September and I’m SO EXCITED. This is going to be my third conference, and the first one that is out of town for me. It used to be in Asheville (which was so convenient) and I’ve met several really great people at the conference. I’m already planning out my schedule of sessions for that weekend and it gets me even more excited!
Linking up for Miscellany Monday.