Lots happened this weekend. Let’s recap.
1. My in-laws were in town this weekend. We had a good time, and I hope they enjoyed themselves. (I think they did.) We hit up the Apple Festival on Saturday, and then enjoyed dinner at home. I made a blueberry cobbler (I followed the directions this time!) and we invited neighbors over for dessert. There was no cobbler left after Saturday night, so I think it was a hit.
2. After driving around downtown and the Grove Park Inn area, my husband and I found ourselves alone. We decided to check out LAAFF (another festival) for a little while. We ran into a lot of people. And even spotted Oscar on the streets of Asheville.
I have so many pictures from Sunday, that it’s going to entail another blog post.
3. I finally finished my exam for my online course. I’m done. That makes me so, so happy.
4. Chloe’s been enjoying a new empty box since last night. Crazy cat. She’d rather sleep in a box than in her beds.
5. My uncle (and almost-21-year-old cousin) are in town for my grandpa’s 80th birthday. It’s been fun getting to know my cousin, since I last saw him roughly 15 years ago. It’s been a while.
6. My brother is in China. How crazy is that?
7. It’s Labor Day. I loved that we had our windows open, and the flag out. Loved it.
8. I also loved that 90210 was on SOAPnet all afternoon. Don’t think I didn’t lay on my couch, work on my class and catch up with the Brenda-Dylan-Kelly drama.
9. I’m so not ready to go back to work tomorrow.
10. I ran the most amazing 12 miles on Saturday. Weather was perfect, our pace was great, and I ran with two awesome girls for the first eight miles. I then saw someone I knew from another running group, and ran REALLY FAST for a mile to catch up with them. Asheville’s such a great running town that you’re likely to run into someone you know at any given moment. (So out of 12 miles, I only ran 1 by myself. I expected to run 4 by myself.)