Oh, miscellany Monday. How I’ve missed you.
1. Happy Veteran’s Day. Have you thanked a veteran today? (Hi, Jason! ((my brother)) You are awesome! Thanks for all you do!)
2. My in-laws were in town this weekend to visit the kiddo. Everyone had a good time and the weekend seemed to fly by.
3. We had our first trip to the urgent care for a toddler injury yesterday. He hit the rocking chair with his face, and there was a lot of blood (but mouths tend to bleed easily and a lot.) He’s fine now, but no salty foods or citrus or really anything of taste for a few days.
4. While playing, the toddler reared back and nailed me in the eye with the back of his head. In the words of my husband, “we’re only going to get through this day with the help of pills.” We were quite the trio yesterday, let me tell you.
5. After about two weeks of halfheartedly working on the leaves in our yard, I have finally finished mowing/mulching/bagging all of the leaves that have fallen. It’s a new record for us. I’ve bagged 55 bags (my mom bagged another 5) and we have one tree left that will probably wait until January to drop its leaves.
6. Have you seen the giveaway I posted on Friday? You really should check it out. Christmas at Biltmore. It’s no joke, friends.
7. I had a chance to work on a few Project Life (scrapbooking) pages last night and I think I may post about them tomorrow. They’re coming out so great, and it’s been so fast/easy to get our vacations out of my head and onto these pages!
8. My boy has been obsessed with his bear costume from Halloween. He’s worn it the past two days (I have to force him to take it off for nap time.) He’s so funny.
How is your Monday going?