Spring is upon us and as we transition seasons, I’m transitioning into different essential oils. Whether I’m diffusing, making bath bombs or even different creams, grapefruit is one of my favorite scents for spring and summer. This whipped body butter recipe uses honey and grapefruit essential oil and I think it’s going to be one of my favorite things to use over the next few months.
Honey is naturally antibacterial, and is full of antioxidants. It’s also very moisturizing, which makes it a great fit for a body butter.
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon shae butter
- 1.5 tablespoons beeswax
- 1 tablespoons almond oil
- 20 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Small mason jars for storage
How to make it:
- In a double boiler or glass jar combine all ingredients.
- Heat over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes, until all ingredients are melted.
- Whisk often to combine. Ensure everything is fully melted.
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes before adding in the essential oil- then, whisk the oils into the mixture.
- Let sit on the counter until the mixture hardens (roughly 6 hours but closer to 24 is better). The honey will look like it has separated to the bottom of the container.
- Once hardened, whip the body butter for two to three minutes until it is combined and looks light and fluffy.
- Transfer it to a mason jar with a tight fitting lid.
Once you apply the body butter, wait a few minutes before you put clothes on. You don’t want the oils to transfer to your clothing!
So it’s been a while since I’ve done a craft destash. While this isn’t a typical craft, it is using what you have. I’ve been using essential oils for a few years and love making these various products! Be sure to check out the other sites for what they’re doing this month. 🙂
Every month a group of bloggers are challenged by C’mon Get Crafty to create a new craft or project from their own stash of goodies! Check out some awesome creations you might be able to make from your own stash! Everyone is allowed a $10 max to create a new craft utilizing mostly their own stash of craft supplies! #CraftRoomDestashChallenge
If you’d like to join in the Craft Room De-Stash Challenge, you can request to join our Facebook group here!
Let’s Meet the Hosts!!