I’m joining Elaine for Old School Blogging again. This month’s topic is 5 random things about me!
1. I worked at Yankee Candle seasonally (the Christmas season) twice. And one of those seasons extended for several months afterward, since I got engaged and needed some extra money for our wedding. I also used the discount for reception decor. It was pretty great. I still have boxes of candles that I purchased during my time working there. It’s kind of an addiction.
2. I don’t eat traditional breakfast foods. I’m not a fan of eggs, sausage and many breakfast foods. Give me oatmeal. Or Cheerios (without milk.) Pancakes and turkey bacon? Totally. But not eggs. Anything besides eggs.
3. I craved eggs when I was pregnant. I never gave into the craving, though. For some reason I just couldn’t bring myself to do that.
4. My first job was in retail, when I was a freshman in college. I lasted a summer, winter break and spring break before I quit. The next summer, I worked temp jobs in offices. Office jobs suit me so much better than retail. I have worked at JCPenney and Yankee Candle (see the first random thing in this list), but those were part-time jobs in addition to my full-time gig as online producer. Web people at newspapers don’t make a ton of money. (Also, when I was in high school, I applied for jobs at McDonald’s and a local grocery store and I never got so much as a call back for an interview.)
5. When people ask me where I’m from, I tend to stumble. Am I from Asheville, if I moved to the city in 4th grade? Am I technically from upstate NY, since that’s where I lived when I was a really young child? I get asked this question a lot because I don’t always have an accent (it tends to be neutral.) Many people ask me on the phone, especially, and claim that I “don’t sound like you’re from around here.”
Do you share any of the same random things? Are you 100% sure you know where you are from? (Because I’m still debating that.)