Oh, Elaine. Any time I’m struggling with coming up with a blog post (which isn’t true, I have 9 blog post ideas written down, I just don’t want to write about them at the moment), you throw an Old School Blog at me, and I can’t help but participate. I so love old school blogging.
Today’s #OSBlog topic: five favorite blogs. I have so many favorites. If you’re in my reader, then you’re obviously a favorite. These are five that I frequent almost daily.
1. Live Laugh Run Breathe by my friend Bari. I had the chance to meet (and run with!) Bari over a year ago and her family stayed with us a few days while they “vacationed” over spring break. I use the term vacation loosely because traveling like that, running races and staying so busy isn’t always the most relaxing vacation. I love reading about her family, her running endeavors and other fitness goals. Bari is also a triathlete, something I don’t ever see myself accomplishing!
2. Frugal Trophy Wife by Brooke. I’ve now met Brooke twice in real life. I ran the half marathon (with Bari) in Knoxville while Brooke completed the full marathon. This past June, Brooke came over to Asheville to run Downhill at Dawn with me and she KILLED that race. It’s been fun to follow her training and see just how much she has improved over the past couple of years. Brooke is fabulous in real life and I hope we get to hang out again and run!
(I obviously love runners and running blogs, but these two ladies also blog about other things outside of running.)
3. Zealous mom by Susanna. Susanna was an in-real-life friend before she was a blog friend! She and I attended the Type-A conference together two weeks ago and just had a blast. Her boys are adorable, and her youngest is close in age to my boy’s age. She shares stories about her family, some reviews, and her latest post was a Halloween craft that kids will love.
4. Go cheap or go home. I met Denise at Type A and she is fantastic. Her blog focuses on being frugal – and finding the fun in that! I love saving money, being frugal and having fun, so her blog is a perfect fit for me. (She also currently has a giveaway on her blog for Macarons. You should enter.)
5. Chic Runner. I’m not sure if Danica still follows my blog, but I’ve been following her blog and twitter for a few years. She’s a great runner and I’ve never met her in real life. (She lives in California.) She seems like SUCH a sweet person, and her wedding was even featured on My Fair Wedding! So cool!