This is the first summer we’ve grown corn. Until we’re able to harvest our own, we’re buying it frequently and I finally, FINALLY realized I cook corn on the cob in the oven. This oven baked corn on the cob is so simple to make, and I can’t believe it took me so long to figure this out. (Boiling has been my go-to method in the past.)
If you are planning a cookout, this would be simple to make ahead of time and there is little you have to worry about it while to cooks. Your grill can focus on other foods! And if you’re family is like mine, and they appreciate corn on the cob frequently during the summer months, this is a set it and forget it kind of food. (Just remember to set your timer so you don’t completely forget it in the oven!)
What you need:
6 fresh ears of corn on the cob
3 tbsp butter
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
How to make Oven Baked Corn on the Cob:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, and set aside.
- Husk corn on the cob and trim ends.
- Place the corn on the cob on your baking sheet.
- Sprinkle corn with salt and pepper, turn and sprinkle again.
- Top corn with tabs of butter.
- Bake in the oven 25-35 minutes, until corn starts to brown. For best results, turn corn halfway through cooking.
Looking for other summer recipes to try? Check out a few: