1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
I used to be a GU girl all the way. It’s what I trained with during my first marathon (keep in mind, I had never run a race over a 5k before that first marathon, so I didn’t have any experience with anything else.) I’ve since moved onto Sports Beans. I love them, and they don’t upset my stomach.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
I’m such a fan of the 5k right now. Marathons burn me out. I have even gotten tired of half marathons, but a 5k makes me feel like I can just do it with little training. I guess since I don’t have the time to dedicate to training, that might be why I like them so much.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Shorts in spring/summer. Pants during the winter.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
Gatorade G2 – grape. I’ll never forget drinking Cytomax during the Nashville Country Music Marathon. Thinking about it still makes me want to gag. Gatorade used to make individual packets (not sure if they still do) that I would carry in marathons, just so I could refill my water bottle with G2. I’m obsessed.
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
Cold. Or during the summer, very early in the morning, when it’s cooler. 🙂
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?
Asics! I have this weird bone thing on my heel, where it sticks out further than the rest of my foot. Asics are the only shoe that fit around my heel and don’t cause crazy pain. (When I was in college, and ran cross-country, I swore by Adidas trail running shoes.) So I’ve been a fan of the Asics GT series. I think my current shoes are the GT-2160, and I can get some of the 2170s at clearance prices right now, but I’m going to have to look into their new line to see if they will still fit me the same way.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
For the past year, I have eaten oatmeal almost every day. Before that, I would often eat a bagel before running.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
How about all of the days? Yeah. I’m bad about running lately. When I’m really on my game, though, I tend to take about 3 days off from running and do something else.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
I have to have it, unless I’m running with a friend. Then I can talk while running, and music isn’t necessary.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?
Stress relief and endorphins. I started running in 7th grade. I quit running when I was a senior in college, and gained so much weight and my self-esteem plummeted. I started running again about a year out of college, and I’ve only stopped when I was about halfway through my pregnancy (I even ran a race 8 weeks after a c-section.) I love running. I’m not the fastest, and I’m not really a competitive person, but it helps calm me, and I love the runner’s high I get after running.
Now….if you’re a runner and want to answer all of the above questions, please let me know so I can read it!