Thanks to Terminix for collaborating on this post. All opinions are my own.
It’s pumpkin season, which means it’s time for all of the pumpkin treats we can find! I’ve blogged about pumpkin pancakes in the past (seriously, you should try that recipe), but now we have pumpkin poptarts. These are a fairly simple treat (or breakfast food) and they’re perfect for fall and especially the month of October – the month of pumpkins!
I’m a big fan of pumpkin treats (cookies, pie, pancakes, you name it.) And these poptarts are great to share or as an indulgent morning snack/breakfast food. Weekends are perfect for pumpkin breakfast treats.
- Mix together the pumpkin, egg, sugar, cinnamon and ground cloves with a hand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Roll your pie crusts on a flat surface making sure they are completely flat. Cut 4 squares (or rectangles if you prefer) onto each pie crust for a total of 8.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, place 4 of the square crusts.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the pumpkin mix onto the crust. Using a knife, smooth it out but do not spread it out all the way to the edge.
- Top with another piece of the square crusts.
- Use a fork to crimp the edges of the crust and make sure no pumpkin filling gets out.
- Bake the pop–tarts in the oven at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let the pop–tarts cool.
- For the frosting, combine leftover pumpkin filling, 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix until completely combined.
- Spoon the frosting onto the pop–tarts and spread smooth with a knife.
What is your favorite pumpkin treat?