Thanks to Asheville Outlets for partnering on this post. While I did receive product in exchange for this post, the opinions are all my own.
The secret’s out – Asheville is a fabulous place to live. And if you can’t live here, you want to visit. I know a lot of people who end up in Asheville for a quick weekend trip, a business trip or an extended vacation. There’s so much to do – hiking, sightseeing, shopping.
And I get it. I love living here. I have loved shopping here even more since the Asheville Outlets opened a few years ago. They offer a variety of stores that weren’t in our great city previously. I was most excited about Carter’s and OshKosh (I mean, hello great quality clothes for kids!) and I have friends who have been over the moon about Restoration Hardware and Field and Stream. They literally have something for everyone.
I was invited to check out the outlets for back to school shopping and try out their shuttle! This shuttle service is offered to area hotels. You can call to book the shuttle to pick you up at your hotel, and soon you’ll be able to make online reservations for this service.
Here’s the thing about Asheville. We think we’re pretty awesome. But our traffic is the pits. If you aren’t from around here, you may get mixed up on malfunction junction and end up in Tennessee before you realize you’re going the wrong way. Having this service for out of towners is so great because it makes things easier for those of us who may be directionally-challenged. If you don’t have a car (say you’re in town with a spouse on a business trip), the shuttle can get you to and from the Asheville Outlets safely and in a timely manner.
Why should you check out the Asheville Outlets? Let me count the ways:
1. A variety of stores! I mentioned Carter’s and Oshkosh, but they also have Gap, The Children’s Place, Clarks, Asics, New Balance, Nike, Coach, Vera Bradley, Restoration Hardware, West Elm – AND SO MANY MORE! (And honestly I’ve only gone into about 25% of the stores.
2. It’s fairly accessible from all directions of Asheville. I used to plan trips to Pigeon Forge, TN or Blowing Rock, NC to visit outlets. Now I have them within 5 miles of my house.
3. The shuttle service! The service is available between 11am and 5pm and you can even book the shuttle for private groups. To book the service, call 828-620-1803. Online booking should begin September 1. This service is available for local hotels.
4. The garlic knots from Acropolis are divine. I may have taken an order home to my family.
5. Special events. About two weeks ago, Asheville Outlets was host to the Read-A-Roo Block Party (if your children watch PBS Kids you know what I’m talking about.) They hold other events throughout the year, but this
I’ll be sharing this weekend all of the fun clothes and back to school essentials I found at the Outlets. (Also, big tip I’ve found while shopping at outlets over the years – while the savings are great every day, they’re even better over holiday weekends.)