I needed more blog inspiration, and this one from Emmy Mom is perfect.
10 Things to Smile About – September edition.
1. This guy.
Sure, he was born on August 31, but he was born at 9:15 p.m. and we didn’t really get to start enjoying him until September 1 when my meds started to wear off. 🙂
2. I was cleared to walk with the baby two (long) weeks after he was born!
3. Chloe has been so accepting of a new person living in our house. I’ve been impressed.
4. Our weather the past few weeks has been phenomenal. I love fall and I hope it stays for a while before winter hits.
5. Our date night still makes me smile when I think about it. We’re already planning our next outing (my birthday!) I’m so glad we have family close by who can help out.
6. Speaking of helping out…have I mentioned the night that I had my mom come down to our house at almost 10 p.m. to get the baby to sleep? It makes me smile knowing she can do that. And that we haven’t had to call on her like that since then (I can now get him to sleep relatively quickly, if he’s really ready to go to bed.)
8. I figured out that sorbet is okay for me, even when everything else is not. Dairy has been cut out, but thankfully we have a new TCBY near our house and they sell quarts of sorbet!
9. Lucas went to sleep before 10 p.m. tonight. This. is. huge.
10. And one of the best things this month (and, really, next month), my dad should have the go-ahead by the end of this week to travel to visit us. He hasn’t met Lucas yet, and we’re all very anxious for him to get up here for a few days!