I missed Friday and Saturday – and I had lots to talk about. Random thoughts.
1. I drove out to Cherokee to meet with a board member on Friday (I’m trying to meet with people in person – they tend to open up more this way.) I got lost going out there, and managed to get turned around twice on my way home. I’m so awful with directions. Thankfully, my phone AND my GPS helped me out of one predicament. (One other time, I had someone yelling at me to follow them. I’m seriously that awful with directions.)
2. On Thursday, I did a 15-minute weights workout I got from a Women’s Health magazine. I could barely walk Friday. I can’t walk down stairs, and I still felt broken Saturday. I am so weak! So my goal is to do it again at least once, if not twice, a week. I must get stronger.
3. I’m signed up for a 10k race next weekend! And a Color Run this summer! I’m trying to get team 3 back together, and our team is even called “Team 3” for the Color Run.
4. My boy, the one who used to love bed time and everything surrounding it, suddenly HATES it. When I leave his room he will scream for a few minutes and then he falls asleep quickly. (Whereas before, he would talk for an hour and then fall asleep. No screaming.) I don’t know which I prefer. Maybe I prefer my sweet, happy, singing boy?
5. That same boy ate dog food Friday night. Twice. He won’t eat meat, but he will eat dog food. Sigh.
6. We’re expected to be hit with a snow storm this week – one stronger than anything we’ve seen in recent years. Considering we saw over a foot of snow three and four years ago, I’m just not feeling it. I’m most worried about losing power. I can deal with a lot of other things, but losing heat when there’s snow on the ground? Not my idea of a great day.
What do you have for me this weekend? Any fun plans?