Thanks to Richard’s Cajun for sponsoring this post. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
Springtime is HERE and I’m all about cooking with the windows open and embracing our longer days. Gone are the days that I want to heat up my house by cooking (at least until October or November), and I still need to make sure our meals are quick, and fairly healthy and filling. I just made this smoked sausage with quinoa and spinach and it didn’t require extensive cooking, and it was really filling!
I started with the Richard’s Cajun Smoked Sausage (with pork). If you’ll look, there are bits of green onion cooked into the sausage, giving it even more flavor!
Richard’s Cajun Foods was started back in 1981 out of Louisiana and brings the Cajun flavors to wherever the plate may be – even North Carolina. 🙂
Are you ready to make this dish? You need about 15 minutes for prep and cooking.
- 1 pack of Richard’s Cajun Smoked Sausage
- 1 bag spinach (or roughly 5 cups of uncooked spinach)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 tsp olive oil
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions. (I used Boil in the Bag Quinoa and this took 10 minutes.)
- Slice the Richard’s Cajun Smoked Sausage.
- In a skillet, begin sauteeing your spinach with garlic and olive oil.
- Add the sliced smoked sausage and cook until all of your spinach is cooked.
- Add the sausage mixture to your quinoa. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
I personally think this dish is great for spring – and summer. The Richard’s Cajun smoked sausage gives a great flavor. I love the added green onion pieces. The entire dinner took me about 15 minutes to prep, cook and serve. And my house didn’t get overheated because I didn’t have to cook for very long or even use my oven. I promise, the struggle is real when it gets warm outside!
What are you cooking this week?