I updated my photos of the day blog this morning. (I’m trying to be better. Really, I am. But it’s definitely a challenge!)
Last week, I ordered the fabric I want to use for a diaper bag. I only ordered the exterior fabric because it was already SO expensive. And I needed over 3 yards of fabric for the interior, and I knew I could find something at the local store.
And I was so right.
This is what the diaper bag is going to be created out of:
The fabric on the left is the exterior (and, of course, it’s a pattern by Amy Butler, which is why the fabric is so outrageously expensive.) The fabric on the right is what I bought from Hancock Fabrics, and it was on sale for less than $5/yard. The blue and green shades actually match, which is what I thought would be difficult to do.
It’s girly enough (for me) and boyish enough (for the baby.) I love it!
The pieces are cut out and now I just need to sew them together. I’m hoping it will be completed this weekend!