The following is a sponsored post. While I have been compensated, all opinions remain my own.
We have been meal planning our hearts out lately, and even freezing some meals in preparation for the baby coming in the next two weeks. The key to our meal planning success is most always time. How long it takes to prep a meal, cook it and even clean up. I received Richard’s Cajun andouille sausage late last week and I was anxious to try it out and see just how I could incorporate it into our quick dinners. We actually have plans to use it twice this week at dinner. But first, we used it with vegetables (including a lot of squash, which I loved.)
The best part of this dinner is it took two pans. One for the sausage and vegetables, and one for the couscous. (You could use rice, if you’re not a couscous fan, but I love the ease of couscous.)
The sausage added just enough spice without overpowering it. And it’s added protein which my husband loves. The entire meal took about 20 minutes to make. While the onion and garlic are sauteeing, I’m usually chopping the vegetables and adding them as they are ready. The sausage was the same. I just sliced it as the vegetables were cooking and added slices as I had them. This recipe will definitely be going into our dinner rotation (it’s so easy!) and it’s going to be perfect for summer.
(Super fun silicone spatula is also optional, but definitely recommended for any kitchen.)
Several years ago, I spent a week in Louisiana for work. That was the first time I was truly introduced to Cajun food and I really enjoyed it. I’d tried the Richard’s Cajun frozen meals a few months ago and had been wanting to try the sausage. (My husband also loved getting to try the sausage this weekend!) I love that Richard’s Cajun andouille is so authentic and I can’t wait to see what else we can make with it.
What is your go-to quick meal that you make for your family?
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 16 oz. pack of Richard's Cajun Andouille Sausage
- Shredded mozzarella (optional)
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onion is soft. Add the sliced zucchini and yellow squash and saute. Add the chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle the vegetables with the oregano. Slice the Richard's Cajun Andouille Sausage into thin slices, and add to the vegetable mixture. Simmer about 10-15 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile cook your couscous (for 4 servings) in a separate pan. Top the couscous with the sausage and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Then top with mozzarella (totally optional).