Summertime brings some of the best movies of the year (and so many movies that my son wants to see.) While Spider-Man: Homecoming is rated a little older than I’d like for my boy to take in, he’s not oblivious to the world of Spider-Man. I can’t help that he loves a good superhero (or that he would love a good Spider-Man cupcake.)
So how fun are the Spider-Man cupcakes? Whether you make them as a fun summertime treat, or specifically for a Spider-Man themed birthday party. (We have roughly 6 weeks until my boy’s birthday party and I would not put it past him to switch his theme at this point.) These aren’t super difficult to pull together, and they’re the perfect touch for your Spider-Man fan!
1 box of cake mix – I recommend the Funfetti Vibrant Aqua Blue Cake Mix, but you can use a white cake mix and dye it blue
2/3 Cup of Water
1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
Red Food Dye
Black Gel Icing
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray if you choose not to use cupcake liners. Otherwise, make sure to put down cupcake liners first.
- Pour cupcake mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Then, pour the cupcake mix into the cupcake pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cupcakes cool.
- Mix white frosting with a few drops of the red food dye. Scoop the red icing into an icing bag or a ziploc bag. Cut the end of the bag to frost the top of the cupcakes or you can also use a Wilton tip.
- Frost each cupcake with the icing.
- Use the black icing gel to create a spider web by drawing 3 circles on top and then about 8 lines across the circles.
- Enjoy – Spider-Man: Homecoming is in theaters July 7th!
Let’s talk movies – have you seen any good movies this summer? The boys in my house are going frequently. I’m hoping that I can get to the movie theater in the next week or two!