I love whoopie pies, and if they’re specific to a holiday or celebration I love them even more. (I mean, pumpkin whoopie pies in the fall are the BEST, amIright?!) With St. Patrick’s Day coming up quickly, this would be a great weekend treat (and festive depending on the candy you use. Andes Mints would be really cute and tasty!)
1 box of Devil’s Food cake mix
1/2 Cup of Flour
Tub of White Icing
Crushed chocolate bars – or you even can use Andes Mints!
- Mix the Devil’s Food Cake Mix according to the box. Add 1 cup of flour to make the mixture a bit thicker.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mix on a cookie sheet,about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool.
- Spread your desired amount of white icing on one side of the whoopie pie and then top with another whoopie pie.
- Chop up the chocolate bars and place on a plate. Roll the sides of the whoopie pies in it, making sure the candy sticks to the icing.
What’s your go-to treat this time of year? Are you a cupcake or cookie type of person?