This week’s challenge over at Shrinking Jeans was to share something positive about yourself once a day. I missed the “once a day” so I’ll share a few things in one post. That’s fair, right?
1. I baked 2 pumpkin pies this weekend, using my great-grandmother’s pumpkin pie recipe. Not only was the first time that I made pumpkin pie (I’ve helped my husband, but never done it on my own), they turned out great. Just as good as my mom’s pies.
2. I’m almost done wrapping gifts for the year! I’ve managed to stay organized, within a reasonable budget and somehow, we have a huge pile of wrapped gifts beneath our tree. I love it!
3. I ran/walked 4.5 miles on Saturday. Quite an accomplishment for me (seeing how I don’t run long distances these days.)
4. Health-wise, I’ve had zero soda for a few days. I had cut back, and recently scaled back until I was down to no sodas in one day.
5. Following my baking frenzy last week, I had an extra container of cookies left over. I wrote a card to one of our older neighbors (he’s actually across the street from my mom.) I saw him this afternoon and gave him the cookies and a Christmas card. I learned that he probably won’t have visitors for Christmas, and he’s not going out of town – and he was SO extremely appreciative that I even thought of him with the card, much less the cookies (which, by the way, were so, so, so yummy.) I need to remember him more often. He’s such a great man. Oh, and I signed the card from my mom’s dog, Sophie. I’m sure he’ll love that once he reads it. 🙂
6. I’ve finished my lounge pants. They’re about 20 sizes too big, but they’re oh-so-cute and comfortable. Full blog coming on them.
7. I cut fabric out for a project I’m working on (for my mom.) I hope to get to the sewing part tonight, but I’m excited because this is the most effort I’ve ever put into a Christmas gift. I hope she’ll love it.
And I want to throw in an eighth item. Yesterday, I visited my grandfather in the nursing home. I put up a small tree with ornaments (that I just happened to buy the day after Thanksgiving.) I know I didn’t have to do it, but I really wanted to brighten up his side of the room. I plan on going back with photos to hang. His side of the room is going to be the best decorated in the whole building, if I have anything to do about it.