I’m not usually one to create a bucket list, but I mentioned last week that we have one started. The husband and I are going to be fairly busy, and we don’t want the summer to completely get away from us. I have a list written out (and scrapbook-able), and I wanted to share it with you!
1. Get to Splasheville as often as possible. We haven’t been at all this year (even though it has only been reopened for a month or so.)
2. Go camping. We have all of the gear necessary for camping, but we’ve NEVER BEEN! True story. I registered (unbeknownst to my fiance at the time) for camping gear. And said-fiance’s co-workers bought every item on our registry. That was 7 years ago. And the husband is really pushing to go camping this summer.
3. Zoo trip! We’ve taken the toddler to a couple of zoos, but never the NC Zoo. We’re actually planning to go in a couple of weeks.
4. Beach trip. This is also on the books! (Another true story. We’ve never been on a vacation as just the three of us. We almost always head to a family member’s home, or are traveling with family.)
5. I want to read 3 books. That sounds like nothing to many of my friends, but I have more than 3 books sitting on my nightstand.
6. I want to run a 5k with the toddler (in his stroller, obviously.) The 5k I thought was family-friendly actually doesn’t allow strollers, so now I’m on the hunt for a different race.
7. A “yes” day. A day in which I don’t argue with the toddler and we just do whatever he wants. This means I should probably clean out his sandbox soon (because I’ve been telling him for months he can’t play in that mess.)
We may end up with a few more items on our bucket list. For now, these are great, and we have plans. Planning is the first step, right?
Have you ever created a summer bucket list? What do you have planned for this summer?