So my 2014 Summer Bucket List? Yeah, that needed a revise. I wanted to add a few things, and since this is my space, I figure I’m entitled. (I didn’t remove anything. I just added 7 more items.)
1. Get to Splasheville as often as possible. We haven’t been at all this year (even though it has only been reopened for a month or so.)
2. Go camping. We have all of the gear necessary for camping, but we’ve NEVER BEEN! My sister recently bought an RV and some rv insurance and she goes out in it all the time. She loves it! I registered (unbeknownst to my fiance at the time) for camping gear. And said-fiance’s co-workers bought every item on our registry. That was 7 years ago. And the husband is really pushing to go camping this summer. (Done!)
4. Beach trip. This is also on the books! (Another true story. We’ve never been on a vacation as just the three of us. We almost always head to a family member’s home, or are traveling with family.)
5. I want to read 3 books. That sounds like nothing to many of my friends, but I have more than 3 books sitting on my nightstand. (I’ve started two. I’ve completed one. I’m well on my way!)
6. I want to run a 5k with the toddler (in his stroller, obviously.) The 5k I thought was family-friendly actually doesn’t allow strollers, so now I’m on the hunt for a different race.
7. A “yes” day. A day in which I don’t argue with the toddler and we just do whatever he wants. This means I should probably clean out his sandbox soon (because I’ve been telling him for months he can’t play in that mess.)
8. Run on the beach.
9. Run a couple of shorter races.
10. More play dates with our parent friends. We rarely do this. It’s not fair to our son (or to us!)
11. Fabulous birthday party for my husband. (It’s going to happen. Plans are in the works.)
12. Take a sunrise photo. Preferably while standing by or in the ocean.
13. Take a sunset photo. Same as above. Would love to get a perfect shot at the beach.
14. Reinstate my chick-flick club. That was a fun group. We haven’t really gotten together since several of us had babies.
What’s on your must-do list this summer?