It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted a Thankful Thursday post. (If you have a post, link it up in the comments!)
1. Last night I heard my boy still talking, but he wasn’t super happy in his talking (he was in bed.) I went in to tell him it was quiet time and he said, “mommy, rock you.” That means, “rock me” in toddler-ese. I’m thankful that he hasn’t outgrown being rocked. He doesn’t always let me rock him, and even though it was almost an hour since we left his room for bedtime, I was so happy in that moment.
2. I tackled an insane hill on my Monday run. I’m so thankful that I can run, that I can run during my lunch hour and that I hit my goal of running up that hill without stopping. Oh and I love the friends I make along the way.
3. I work with a super fabulous team of people who make me laugh every day. I’m so grateful to work with people who do such great things for our institution and yet have such fun doing great things. It’s tough work and we face challenges every day, but we make it fun.
4. My husband did solo parenting last week without complaint. (I did receive a phone call the first night, and Facetime totally failed us, but Skype came through for us on the second night.) I’m grateful that he was able to handle everything and keep the house going while I focused on work (because I had no choice.)
5. I’m also thankful for Skype. When Facetime fails, we have a backup and it allowed me to connect with my boy until I could see him again on Friday. (I left Monday.) This was the longest we’ve been apart since he was born.
What are you thankful for?