2013 didn’t start out too promising. My husband and I were talking this evening about this year in general, and I think we both agreed that 2013 has not been great to us. I was in a hit-and-run in January and only recently got a response from my insurance company (after a little yelling on my part.) And then losing my job in August. That wasn’t fun. It’s actually been a few intense, stressful months. And there has been a slew of other events that I haven’t gotten into here on the blog. Just know, 2013 can kind of suck it.
I still have so much to be thankful for.
1. My family is, relatively speaking, healthy.
2. My two-year-old is incredibly smart. Too smart for his parents.
3. He gets his smarts from my husband. My husband has been incredibly supportive this year, all while finishing his graduate degree. And he’ll receive that degree in two weeks!
4. I ran (loosely speaking) a marathon in March. And then I ran two half marathons, earning myself a huge PR in June. I’ve remained healthy and fairly fit this year.
5. I have really great friends.
6. I have the best cat. Honestly. She loves me even more than I love her – if that’s possible.
7. I lost my job, but then I found a job. One that’s so different (in really good ways) from the previous position. And I start on Monday.
So many reasons. And there are more reasons to be thankful this year. I hope you’ve had a relaxing, great Thanksgiving. Here’s hoping December is even better than January through November.