I turned 37 last week. I did a list like this last year with 35 things from my 35th year. It was a lot of fun….but I’m having such a tough time coming up with 36 items. So, here are 23 items from this past year. I’ll add to it, if I can.
1. I spent the better part of my year working as Director of Alumni Relations.
2. And then I accepted a position as Director of Online Presence & New Media (which not only SOUNDS cool, it’s totally my “thing.”)
3. We took a trip to Florida, where two out of three of us were sick. Poor boys.
4. I ran the Thomas Wolfe 8k with Carol again. Such a fun race. I’m not signed up for this year’s race.
5. I placed in my age group in the Shamrock 5k! I don’t remember ever placing in my age group…
6. And then there was the Fiddlin’ 5k that I ran with my family. I placed in my age group there, too!
8. In between half marathons, I ran the Biltmore 15k. I saw a few friends (one was a college friend – and fellow runner back in college.)
9. That same weekend, I attended Type-A Summit….and it was so fun and exciting. I had a lot of great ideas that came out of it and I started implementing many of them immediately.
10. I was supposed to visit Orlando, host a few alumni events in Florida and maybe even get to Disney before a work conference….and then I got the flu.
11. I argued with my doctor about having the flu. Someone who exercises as hard as I had two hours before that doctor visit doesn’t HAVE the flu. (But then the next day I realized that, yep, it really was the flu. Hate when I’m not right.)
12. We visited New York to see my family and attend my grandma’s 90th birthday party.
13. And my family went on their first family hike.
14. Almost as soon as we returned from New York, I found myself in DC for a work conference.
15. I started a #15in15 project in January…and I haven’t gotten very far with my projects.
16. I began expanding my Etsy shop to include additional printables. I have also taken on several custom orders this year. It’s been interesting.
17. I read a LOT of books. I’ve read all books by Kristan Higgans, most of Susan Mallery’s and almost all books by Jill Shalvis. I read several life-related books, a few work-related and I still have more on my night stand.
18. My boy started preschool, and it was one of the best decisions we made this year. He did well for the longest time at daycare but he is thriving at preschool.
19. The boy turned 4.
20. And we threw him a Thomas the Train party that was really fun.
21. I survived another Homecoming! I was exhausted by the end of those two days, but I think it was worth it.
22. I left for Type-A last Wednesday (on my birthday!) and spent the best time with some of my best friends ever.
23. We finally announced we were pregnant. 🙂 (This came as a shock to us, and there will be plenty more on this subject over the next several months.)