I know we’re heading into another weekend, but I’ve barely gotten past last weekend. I don’t think I can handle another one.
1. When I got home from work last Friday, the house felt a little humid. It was in the upper 80s that day, and my husband came down the hallway and said, “it feels awfully warm in here.” I checked the thermostat, it appeared to be working, but the temp was going up instead of down. After dinner, I checked our unit outside and it wasn’t running. A phone call to our cooling guys, and $170 later, we were good to move on with our weekend.
2. I set out to mow the lawn on Sunday. Husband had the boy, the baby was asleep and all was good until my third lap around the back yard and I must have found a yellow jacket nest. I got stung. I came inside, checked it out, iced my leg, and put long clothes on. Went back out and I couldn’t find the nest or a swarm of yellow jackets, but another lap around the yard and I was stung through my pants. We still haven’t found the yellow jackets, and my back yard is still pretty tall.
3. When getting ice packs for my leg Sunday afternoon, I noticed they weren’t completely frozen. I looked into some other items in there, and noticed some breastmilk that was thawing. I quickly took that downstairs to our big freezer, and sent my husband a text. The freezer was thawing. By that night, our refrigerator was warm. He bought a new refrigerator on Monday, but it wouldn’t be delivered until Thursday.
4. We now have a leak into our garage from the water line to the old refrigerator. The valve that is installed won’t actually turn, so we can’t turn it off. A call to the plumber is happening today.
5. One good thing? Lilah is finding her voice (and it’s SO FUN.) Lucas loves it when she grabs his fingers and he’s so great with her. Another good thing? I’m hoping all of the bad house mo-jo is gone so we can enjoy this weekend.
(Are you on snapchat? Find me at jaime.mckee!)
Here’s hoping for a calm and relaxing weekend.