Mendie awarded me this honor. Versatile blogger. I like to think of my blog as a mish-mash of whatever is on my mind that day. Which I guess can be versatile. Right?
The rules upon receiving this award are simple. Thank the person who gave you the award, tell seven things about yourself and pass the award along to some bloggers you love.
So, first, the thanks. Thanks, Mendie! 🙂 Mendie is such a cool blogger/photographer/online friend. I think that if we met in real life, we’d hit it off. I’m pretty flattered that she even reads my blog!
Seven things (that you may not have known) about me…..
1. My diet habits were atrocious when I met my husband in 2004. (Sidenote: I am a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers, which is kind of a big deal, so I didn’t overeat, I just didn’t eat great things.) I often ate a dinner that consisted of egg noodles and corn. Well, the boy needs protein, and rarely ever let me cook for him (because of my love of pasta.) Nowadays, when he isn’t going to be home for dinner or is out of town, I will still make noodles and corn for a meal, and I love every second of it.
2. I started running in middle school. I ran in high school and then I was on the cross-country team in college, up until my senior year (when I quit because of a boy.) I started running again after college and have run four full marathons, numerous half marathons, and countless 5k races. Sadly, I haven’t run in weeks (since the 15k race in May.) I kind of miss it.
3. I read what I consider a good amount of books. And I keep a lot of my books so I can re-read them. I often will finish a book and immediately start reading it again – but starting at the point of the book that I loved or found the most moving. (I’m currently re-reading three books this week – ones that I read last summer or in years past.)
4. I own a lot of chick flick movies, and I watch them the same way I read books – after I finish watching one, I will watch it again, only starting at the part I thought was my favorite. Except for “He’s Just Not That Into You.” I’ll watch that one from start to finish over and over again.
5. I have a difficult time making decisions. I’m one of the most indecisive people I know. If given the opportunity to choose a restaurant to eat at, I’ll eat at home. (Seriously. I’ve actually eaten at home while Kenny goes to Subway to grab dinner, just so I don’t have to decide on a fast food place to hit up.)
6. We’ve been getting asked a lot lately “so when are you guys going to have a baby?” A lot. We were at a party a few weeks ago, where we only knew three people (I knew nobody – they were Kenny’s college friends) and one of the couples finally asked me, “do you even want kids?” and I replied, “Yes, but the child would have to sleep downstairs since we can’t kick Chloe out of her room.” I obviously was joking, but I don’t think they got the joke. And the hint to back off. I just don’t have a child at the moment, but I do have an awesome cat.
7. I was thinking about my cousin’s wedding the other day and thinking back to when we were kids and we’d put on talent shows in our grandma’s back living room. We would force family members to watch us lip-sync songs – and sometimes there was a fee. We were huge fans of “Bullfrogs & Butterflies.” I wonder if Erin would be up for a talent show reunion at her wedding reception. I doubt it, but wouldn’t it be funny?
And I’m passing this along to….