The following post is sponsored by Terminix. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
For years, I’ve enjoyed making ornaments for our Christmas tree. Long before my husband and I had even met, I painted ceramics and had ONLY hand painted ornaments on my tree. I was a little particular for a few years, but I gave into some of my picky tendencies when he and I celebrated our first Christmas together in our first apartment. I still love making ornaments every year, but they vary each year. When our son was an infant, I made handprint ornaments (which were crazy heavy.) He has made various crafts in daycare and preschool (no idea if they’ll do anything in Kindergarten.) At home, though, we love to create. And this past week we worked on tealight snowman ornaments!
And we all love ornaments that light up or make music. This snowman ornament lights up and is SUPER cute on our tree. We plan to make a few more (and paint them to create a reindeer at least!)
What you need:
Battery operated tea lights (you can find two packs of these at the Dollar Tree)
Short piece of ribbon
Possibly super glue
- I drew the dots for the eyes and smile first and let those dry.
- I cut the ribbon to the size I preferred on the “face.” I used a thin line of glue to hold that in place.
- The pom-poms are the perfect size for ear muffs, and I used super glue to hold those in place. I had to hold them in place for a minute so they would be secure. (Regular glue is not going to cut it for these pom-poms.) The pom-poms also came from the Dollar Tree.
- The ribbon holder was then glued onto the back – careful not to block the on/off switch for the light.
- Once fully dry, you can hang it!
We have a ton of pom-poms and several battery operated tea lights on hand, so there will be several more of these ornaments on our tree soon!
If you celebrate, do you have a lot of kid crafts on your tree? I love looking back at what my son has made over the years, and I’m excited to see what my daughter will create.
Well wasn’t that super simple! I envy those of you that can see the snowman in a simple tea light. I never would…
This is adorable!!! My toddler would love this type of ornament I’m sure.
Neely Moldovan says
This is so cute! Im going to send this to the leader in my moms group. We do tons of crafts!
This is a super easy craft idea. I would have never thought of this, I tend to go with popsicle stick crafts but how adorable this tealight snowman ornament would look on our tree!
What an adorable ornament and great craft. My children would love making this!
Omg now this is one cute craft!!!! I bet my daughter would get a kick out of these! We will have to make some together