Can you believe April is almost over? (I know. I say this every month. Time flies, yo.) Let’s focus on the things that made me happy…
1. I didn’t get sick this month. The rest of my family can’t say the same thing, but I somehow made it to the end of April unscathed.
2. We visited Florida. It was sunny and warm. (Sadly, two out of the three of us were sick at some point of our trip. We’ve all lived to tell about it, though!)
3. We spent a beautiful morning at Biltmore looking at flowers. After several hectic weeks, it was a nice break. (And, if you’re interested in visiting in the next year, be sure to enter my giveaway!)
4. I cut my 5k time by over 2 minutes in less than a month AND I placed 3rd in my age group! That’s my second time placing in a 5k this year (and in the history of running these types of races. I rarely placed when I was in high school and college.)
5. The ice cream truck comes by often, and we’ve already had two or three treats – and it’s only April.
6. We went to Chuggington Live! My son loved it, and I think it re-fueled his love of trains.
7. I’ve been reading. A lot. And not blogging about every book I’ve read (because I just move onto the next book!) I’m not watching a ton of television, and I wonder if I’ll ever get bored reading…but that hasn’t happened yet.
8. I started focusing on NOT being busy. It’s helping a bit with my sanity.
9. Cupcakes make me happy. We’ve had a lot of cupcakes at work this month.
10. OH and I did a mini-Easter egg hunt for my boy in my mom’s yard. He had a blast!
What made you smile this month?